16-day itinerary designed for the students of your school, visiting London (3 nights), Caen (2 nights), Somme Valley (1 night), West Flanders (2 nights), Berlin (3 nights) and Krakow (2 nights)
This itinerary links with the learning outcomes in the current HSC syllabus for Modern History
Tour Overview and Highlights
- The tour begins in London, investigating European military conflicts from the British perspective.
- View the WWII D-Day landing beaches of Normandy.
- Travel to the WWI battlefields of Northern France and Belgium with local historians.
- Explore sites relevant to the Third Reich and Cold War in Berlin.
- In Poland, visit Krakow’s old town centre and Auschwitz-Birkenau concentration camp memorial sites.