Tour planning made easy!
At Academy Travel, we aim to go above and beyond and make your job as easy as possible by providing exceptional levels of service and sharing our years of knowledge in both travel and education.
Scroll down to read through our suggested planning timeline for organising your study tour.
- Contact Academy Travel to discuss your itinerary and request a customised quote
- Request initial approval from the principal and relevant governing body to offer the tour
- Request promotional material to advertise the tour – itinerary flyers and posters
- Gauge the level of interested participants by using our Expression of Interest form
- Once you have at least 20 interested families, we will confirm a date and time to hold an information evening at your school with an Academy Travel representative
- If the minimum amount of participant bookings are reached, the tour will become confirmed
- A product manager and tour consultant will be assigned to look after your tour
- The organising teacher will be provided with a draft detailed itinerary for approval
- Any special requests should be provided to the operator at this time
- Compile the required risk management documentation – assistance provided by Academy Travel
- Rooming breakdowns will be provided by the product manager for completion
- Assistance may be required in chasing down documents and/or payments
- 70 days prior, final payment is due
- Approximately 4 weeks prior, we will conduct a pre-departure meeting at your school in which travel documents and a full briefing on the practical aspects of the tour will be given
- Meet the group at the airport with check-in assistance by an Academy Travel representative
- Farewell families at the departure gate and bon voyage!
What our teachers are saying
“This tour far exceeded my expectations and I have been so impressed with the quality of service provided by Academy both before the tour and while we were away. Nothing was ever a problem or a drama and Academy made it so easy for me as a teacher. Thank you SO much for everything. It was a truly wonderful experience."
“We were all very impressed with every aspect of the tour. We have used Academy Travel since 2006. In that time, I have been on four of the tours and it gets better every time.”
"Without exception, everyone has been both extremely accommodating and professional. The friendliness and personal service of all staff was excellent. We had a wonderful time!”
"Very thankful for Academy Travel. The service was excellent and the product was far better than what I could have done alone.”
“I could not be happier with Academy Travel and have been telling all my teacher friends about the efficient organisation of the company. You helped make the process of organising a tour so much easier than I had anticipated and I could relax and enjoy the trip.”
“I could not fault Academy Travel. They did everything I asked for and more."
“The tour was amazingly well-organised and our compliments to Academy could not be higher. All staff and students thoroughly enjoyed themselves.”
“An excellent trip that was great value. Parents and boys were effusive in their praise.”
“Academy Travel gave us unprecedented levels of support. The tour was excellent and the students were supplied with everything they needed throughout the trip. They were given an unforgettable experience due to the care and professionalism shown by all Academy Travel staff. We will definitely be working with the company in the future.”
“As usual, brilliant support and organization from start to finish. All the worry and planning looked after for me. Everyone on our tour was completely satisfied and gained an invaluable experience."
“A fantastic tour! The trip was thoroughly enjoyed by all. Your risk assessment matrix and pre-departure package made it easier when organizing the trip. Thanks for everything Academy!”
“To say we had the best time is an understatement; to say we had a great time is also an understatement. What can I say – words fail me. Everything about the tour was organized to perfection, everything ran so smoothly."